Institute of High Pressure Physics Polish Academy of Sciences will participate in the 3rd Intensive Discussion on Growth of Nitride Semiconductors (IDGN-3). This event is organized at Tohoku University (Sendai, Japan) and is a unique workshop with invited participants limited to 50 scientists from Japan and abroad. AGATE results will be included in an invited lecture entitled HVPE as a method for crystallizing GaN with low background impurity concentration with controllable doping - highly conductive n-type and semi-insulating material. The lecture will be presented by Małgorzata Iwińska.
AGATE results were presented at the 18th International Conference on Crystal Growth and Epitaxy (ICCGE-18) held in Nagoya, Japan, on August 7-12, 2016 . Malgorzata Iwinska delivered a contributed talk titled Growth of HVPE-GaN on Advanced Substrates obtained by Smart CutTM.
Before the conference (August 1-7) the 16th International Summer School on Crystal Growth (ISSCG-16) was organized in Lake Biwa, Shiga, Japan. The above mentioned results were presented during a poster session at the ISSCG-16. Malgorzata Iwinska received an Excellent Poster Award from the IUCr (International Union of Crystallography) as well as a Young Researchers Award. Congratulations!
AGATE project results in Compound Semiconductor
Results of project AGATE were published in Compound Semiconductor Magazine. An article by IHPPS, titled Slashing the cost of GaN substrates can be found in the July issue. An invitation to prepare this article was a consequence of presenting the results at SPIE Photonics West 2016.
Results of AGATE project were presented during SPIE Photonics West 2016 – one of the largest optoelectronic events in the world held in San Francisco, USA.
The conference Gallium Nitride Materials and Devices XI is between 15-18 February and IHPP PAS was invited to give a lecture about HVPE-GaN growth on GaN-based advanced substrates by Smart CutTM.
The second AGATE workshop was organized during the 2015 E-MRS Fall Meeting at the Warsaw School of Technology. Project partners presented their work at Symposium H, titled Nitride semiconductors for high power and high frequency electronic devices and held between 15 and 17 September. The following invited lectures were given:
- Eric Butaud (SOITEC) - AGATE, a European program for industrial GaN advanced substrates and technologies development
- Raphaël CAULMILONE (SOITEC) - GaN Based Advanced Substrates for electronic applications
- Viorel Dragoi (EV Group) - Wafer bonding and layer transfer for advanced substrates manufacturing
- Małgorzata Iwińska (IHHP PAS) - HVPE-GaN growth on GaN-based Smart Cut™ substrates
- Martin Seiss (Plansee) - Thermophysical properties of gallium nitride, molybdenum and molybdenum-copper-composites
- Raúl Rodríguez (IUMA) - Thermal conditions for DC numerical simulation and modelling of the operating temperature impact on GaN HEMTs